from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

This day.........

















What is it about this day that has me feeling lonely, unsettled, disinterested? Why today and not yesterday? Or the day before............

I do know that:

I'm looking forward to the days when the air has lost its tropical haze.

My body has been repeatedly assaulted during the past 11 months by some mysterious, un-named, possibly unidentifiable, condition that has sent me to bed for days at a time. Although much less troublesome now than six months ago, I still fall prey to the lingering presence.

Loneliness and boredom rarely come to visit. They made their way, like phantoms, into the early morning, before I was fully awake. Maybe loneliness and boredom have come to share some bit of wisdom today...........If I am still enough, quiet enough, I may hear what they have to tell me.

Maybe I've had enough of the summer heat and humidity. Maybe my body still needs rest after two sick days in the past week. Maybe my thoughts and emotions are energized, but physical energy is lagging far behind, leaving me with that unsettled feeling. And, just maybe, listening to my body today will restore my energy and allow me to fully engage in my world tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web