from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Monday, December 26, 2005

Not to be forgotten.............


I've not seen these images side-by-side until now! On the left is a snapshot of a self-portrait done by my daughter, Diane, many years ago after having been ill for quite some time. On the right is my altered version of it. Printed on fabric with all kinds of things done to it: glitter, glue, paper glued down and ripped back up, beads, stitching, holes punched and brads added. Layered with a variety of scrap papers and ripped/pulled, frayed gauze.

The past week was one well-spent! I don't always feel a true sense of satisfaction with the time I spent creating something, but this time I am well-pleased!

1 Comments:

Blogger firstborn studio said...

magical,ellen.truly!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web