from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Studio Friday on Thursday!

For those who know me well, this will be quite the shock---I've completed a project ahead of schedule! This week's Studio Friday challenge: search the studio for things old, new, borrowed and blue. So, let's see: the little cabinets with the drawers are the newest addition to my studio "furnishings." They were purchased to help me reorganize some of the "stuff" that had gotten so out of control in here. (The reorganization project was spurred on by my SF entry two weeks ago!) I was surprised that I found so little blue in here---not even old tubes of paint! But then there is my little Polaroid camera with the blue case. The real treasure is the "old & borrowed." It is a family photo album that I borrowed from my mother so I could scan photos and memorabilia to use as collage material. The most recent photos in it were taken during the Depression. I've had this in my possession for some time now, so I don't know if you could still consider that it's borrowed, or it I have just simply absorbed it into my collection of "stuff!" (Mom, I hope you're not reading this.....)

It feels so nice to be ahead of schedule for a change. Thanks, Andrea, for suggesting this one! Posted by Picasa

14 Comments:

Blogger firstborn studio said...

what treasures i see!
the old polaroid is really great,the photos,too!
but the thought of all those drawers filled with who knows what...be still my scavenger heart!

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a treasure you have (borrowed) in the photo album.
Those drawers are awsome; I could fill them pretty quickly, too!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE old photos. I have about 20 all framed on top of my piano. I could just stare at them for hours wondering about their lives, who they really were...awesome!
I too lust after your little cubbies full of treasures.
andrea

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks neat, I'm impressed with the order I see here. And the photo album, I totally agree. Hold on to it, I borrowed one from my grandmother a couple of years ago. I'm still borrowing it.

:-)

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photocamera! And look how organized you are!... so many little drawers filled with materials. Lock me in a room completely filled with those cabinets and I will be happy all day browsing those drawers ;-)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

great stuff! and look at how organized you are. Bravo!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those really are wonderful! What treasures you have...and I hope mom doesn't mind. *smiles*

10:46 AM  
Blogger heidi said...

i {heart} those little drawers!

xxx,
heidi

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you - on schedule and photo album. I "borrowed" oe of my Grandmother's December 05 and I'm still scanning...
Your cabinets look like an adventure!

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lots of great goodies in there! great shots :)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Sarah .B. Scott said...

Thank you so much for your kind post on my blog. I appreciate it!

What an impressive amount of supplies you have!!! And very organized. I find my biggest challenge is putting things away into the drawers, etc. I buy to organize my supplies. But, I can't really buy anything to help with that! ;)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Mehlika said...

Ellen, you are absolutely right to consider the great family album your property, that's what I exactly would do :) And thank you for the kind comments, too.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome idea. I have some neat scanned photos from my family as well.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love old family albums! So cool to look back at how our loved ones used to look and live. I am not grown up enough to borrow the family albums from my mom... maybe when I grow up ;)

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web