from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Studio Friday---What's Your Poison?



This week"s challenge: name yer poison, pardner! What's my drink of choice while working in my studio? From the looks of things just about any old poison'll do!

What I take into the studio with me varies by mood and time of day. Early mornings: a big mug of French or Italian roast coffee with a touch of cream. What I drink from is just as important as what I'm drinking. A good, thick ceramic mug with a handle that feels "just right" in my hand. Later in the day I might have-----yikes!-----a can of Coke. Evenings find me drinking tea: usually herbal or decaf. And which tea depends on my mood and the time of year: when it's cold (like right now!) I want something spicy: Market Spice is my fave, decaf Earl Grey comes next. In warmer weather, or if I've just had a meal, I want something lighter: lemongrass, mint, or my favorite herbal blend, Evening in Missoula. Again, what I drink from is just as important. My best cup for tea is the little hand-thrown ceramic mug next to the Numi tea.

At this moment, I'm savoring the aroma of French roast and occasionally wrapping my hands around the mug to enjoy its warmth!

Drink up!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a whole cupboard filled with tea? I must get more tea, hehe, I've just got a couple of different flavors! :-)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

wow! you have quite the stash!

2:32 PM  
Blogger firstborn studio said...

choice is a good thing!

xoxox,
d

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too need a better stash now that I've seen yours. :)
Here's to wrapping your hands around the mug, too. Perfect for this wintery weather.

1:25 PM  
Blogger carrie s. said...

I do the same thing! My cravings change with the time and the mood...and the temperature in the studio!

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wrapping my hands around a big Caramel Macchiato. Um, Um, Good. Love your entire stash and I'm going to look into that Evenings in Missoula blend. TFS!
Smiles,
Laura
http://scrappisms.typepad.com

7:56 PM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

What a great collection of beverages...they look like art themselves!

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Great post, I too always have a "collection"...musnt EVER run out of tea and coffee! ;)
Great SF.
andrea

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web