from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Friday, February 03, 2006

By accident........Studio Friday


This is a corner of a piece I did for one of my daughters as a gift. I used a photo of a painting she did many years ago, printed it on fabric, and began stitching, adding beads, glitter and paper. The "accident" occurred when I glued pieces of marbled paper to the fabric then decided I hated the way it looked. I ripped the paper away, leaving just portions of it on the fabric (the rust-colored areas). I loved how it looked, so began gluing, drying and ripping up.

Those "accidents" stretch and challenge my creativity!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joy Eliz said...

Wow! Looks fantastic.

12:17 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

yes, what we take away from a piece of art is sometimes the most revealing. beautiful colors!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web