from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Year's End

January 31, 2005

The last day of the year………My mind is filled with questions; what have I done to make this year count? In what ways have I honored the gift of this life during the past 365 days? How many days have I wasted in negativity? How much time has been lost to self-pity, self-doubt, and self-criticism? How many days did I allow myself to be my "best self?" How many mornings did I greet the day with gratitude and energy? Have I managed to strike some balance between gain and loss, positive and negative, simplicity and complexity, work and relaxation? On a day to day basis I couldn't say. But overall, I think there has been some kind of balance.

I do not make New Year's resolutions. They seem to be yet another way for me to set myself up. Instead, I set goals and intentions. And those are made of incremental baby-steps for the most part. After all, it's those baby steps that eventually take me where I want to go. One of my intentions for the coming year is to challenge myself at the beginning of each day to live in the present, honor the gift of that day, and to be able to look back at the end of the day with a sense of satisfaction that I made the absolute most of this precious gift that is my life!

How will you make the most and the best of life in the New Year?

Peace and blessings to everyone!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everday I will be Thankful for all that I have..family, friends, and good health.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseño Web