from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Studio Friday: Robot

This week's Studio Friday topic is "Robot."

Now a robot can be interpreted in many ways it could be a phone that is in your studio or your stereo,...? What robot can we find in your studio? And what does it do? Maybe you even have more than the one?

My studio robot is my 33 year old Singer sewing machine. It was how I was bribed into finishing high school. A pregnant 17 year old, newly wed, depressed and unmotivated........ Graduation was not even in my vocabulary. My robot was intended to be put to work sewing baby clothes and maternity clothes. It did the job well, and I lived up to my part of the bargain--I graduated and a week later my baby was born.

This robot has served me well over the years. I have never once given serious consideration to replacing it. My robot has been in semi-retirement, however, for a several years. In spite of years of hard use, and years of infrequent use, this robot performs as well now as 33 years ago.

SF: Robot

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a trusted friend to me. Great robot! :)

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ellen
What a nice thing you have here! You´ve actually inspired me to look at my studio with new eyes - right now. Thank you!

You see, I´d actually decided NOT to go for the Studio Friday Challenge this week, as I don´t like the idea of robots. I didn´t even went to the site today to check out the different blogs, but now I think I will, you just pointed out to me, robots doesn´t have to be advanced, tecnical science-fiction-hardware it can just be a beloved old sewingmaschine like yours! Well, I might even choose to blog mine as well?!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH that's such a wonderful story. I wouldn't replace your robot either!
Happy Mothers Day Ellen!
a.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm using Sharla's exact words, but what a great story! And what a great motivator your robot is. She/he should be proud. :-)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

A true gem! Happy Mothers Day!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Artful Creations by Tracie said...

I just recently acquainted myself with a robot like yours! Not very handy at it yet! Where in IL are you? I live here too!!! ;-)

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, what a story there is to tell about your robot... and 33 years, now that's a magical number!! One dat I might get a sewing machine robot for myself and try my hands at it ;-)

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello to my robot! :-)

xxx
~T.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Going For Greatness said...

A trusty and reliable robot indeed! I love my sewing machine....It's a new friend to me. I don't use it on fabric very often but I use it on my scrapbooking pages!!
What a lovely story your robot has to tell!!!
~Gabi

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good old reliable trusted robot. Thanks for sharing your story with us Ellen!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I have a robot like yours that is probably even older. Mine is a basic Kenmore machine, but it serves it's purpose well.

10:36 PM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

that is a great story. Interesting take on this weeks topic

7:29 PM  
Blogger madretz said...

If your robot could talk, I'm sure she'd tell you that she's really glad that you have no intentions of replacing her. Your careful hands creating things with love with the help of her robotic movements...definitely not a cold heartless robot.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
Peugeot 406 saloon cd player Isuzu trooper insignia key

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseño Web