from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Studio Friday: Sounds






















This week's topic for Friday May 7th suggested by Gabi: SOUNDS

"What are the sounds in your studio? Sit quietly and listen. I am sure you'll be surprised at what you hear!"

Most of the sounds I hear from my studio are the sounds of passing cars. The city bus passes by four times an hour, and an occasional truck. As I stood outside and snapped these pictures, I heard birds: a mourning dove, a cardinal, and a robin. The sound I hear in my studio is the steady hum of my computer.

The little house across the street is what has progressed from my recent SF View from my studio. If I were at home during the day I am sure I would hear the sounds of power tools and hammers as the workmen continue putting on the final touches.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have 45 homes being built right at our doorstep and it has been an unreal experience. We love Sundays because of it's quiet beauty....thanks for visiting my blog today...

10:06 AM  
Blogger Lina said...

Wow! Can you actually tell which bird you're hearing by only listening to it's singing, or did you see them too?

I used to hear construction sounds everyday (when the new bridge was built) for several years. I prefer the trains :)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

the image of movement depicitng sound, great job!!

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work describing your sound. I am worried about all of the "building" noise when we move too as it is a new development.

I am impressed with your ear for bird songs!
a.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Going For Greatness said...

Isn't it amazing how NOISE can actually bring us to appreciate itself?? Little things like birds or cars passing by, even that annoying tapping of a hammer.... when it's completely silent, we appreciate the gift of hearing :)
~ Gabi

5:55 PM  
Blogger carrie s. said...

I love your photos and how you captured your 'sounds'!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

I wish I knew the names of birds and their 'calls'.
Lovely post!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen - nice to hear from you - and yes I think we share the same taste of sound: silence = not totally silent but no loud noises!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web