from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Friday, April 07, 2006

Studio Friday: Room With a View


The Studio Friday topic this week, what is the view from your studio---real or imagined? couldn't have come at a better time. There was actually something to see from my window!

For three years, the view has been of an empty lot after fire claimed the life of the old house that stood there.

Someone came last week and dug a big hole in the ground. Then someone else came and poured a basement. Tuesday morning found a huge crane parked on the street, and police had the street blocked off. Crowds gathered as a semi brought what appeared to be an extra-long mobile home to the site.

Everyone watched in awe as a worker "broke" the house in half. The crane lifted one of the halves from the bed of the semi, and half a dozen men guided it into place as it was set upon the foundation. The front of the house was placed in the same way.

Was I one of the crowd lining the sidewalks, watching in fascination? No. I caught bits and pieces of the action from my studio window. Truth is, I don't like this view. I enjoy the rooftop view from my kitchen window, and I love seeing nothing but treetops from my bedroom and livingroom. The view from my studio is pretty well blocked by plants and a shelf of colored glass bottles.

My fantasy is to look out on mountains, a lake, and trees; or to be tucked in on a hilltop, surrounded by deep woods; or to see rolling hills and meadows filled with wildflowers..........

17 Comments:

Blogger Strong Enough said...

Great pictures!

8:09 AM  
Blogger firstborn studio said...

now that is a view you won't see everyday...i think it is exciting though!
if i look to the left from my studio window i see every "jungle gym" contraption known to man in my neighbors yard...i choose only to see the trees and birds straight ahead or to the right...just for today anyway!when i hear the joyous giggles i then look to the left...follow me?!i know you know...
xo,d

8:51 AM  
Blogger Going For Greatness said...

Hmm I hope with that new view comes AWESOME neighbours!!!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, exciting view yesterday! I hope someday you will have your "treehouse" view though. You deserve it.
a.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Bonita Rose said...

being surrounded by deep woods... that's my dream too!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Although this may not be your view of choice - it certainly gives you something to watch every day - which is kinda cool. You'll be able to witness a transformation - neat.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

now this is a view on the go, and art is the same way...you feel it alive in your veins and it has to come out and create
art on the go!!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

I share your fantasy view! Mountains...or the beach...for me! :)

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness. A lot of action in your world this week! I'm with you... I like the treetop view from my second story rooms. Thanks for commenting on my blog :-)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Susan Schwake said...

well ellen that was exciting in one way but i can understand that you don't want to see that every day! with your plants and your bottles however you have made a beautiful haven for yourself and that is what a studio is all about!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm with Susan, I think beautiful plants and colorful bottles twinkling in the sun can be a great view. I do think I would be gawking though at the goings on across the street. Watching things being built is so cool.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mehlika said...

Ellen, you, at least, had something interesting to watch, all I see from my window is a white painted apartment and loundry hung at the balcony (-ies). And I agree a hundred % with your wishes about the view.

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:11 AM  
Blogger madretz said...

What a fasinating view! Although I have an irrational fear of cranes, (not the birds), it would be interesting to watch this structure being built.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! This is CRAZY! Great pictures!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah .B. Scott said...

Lots of action in your view! Just wanted to say I really like your profile pic. You have such a friendly face!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah .B. Scott said...

Ok, so I did comment on this! LOL The fence post is new then. Sigh, sad to be so confused! LOL

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web