from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Friday, March 31, 2006

Studio Friday: Comfort

Posted by Picasa This week's topic for Friday March 31st suggested by Michelle : COMFORT
"In looking around my newly born studio space, I've realized I have a few little favorite trinkets that have quickly earned a place of honor. They are not necessarily tools or supplies or things I've created. Just my little 'familiars.' The things that provide comfort to my soul and make me smile, sweetly."


In large part, my studio is my comfort. Many of the studio shots that I've posted on this blog are comfort things. Having my cup of steaming hot coffee close at hand is a comfort. Frida gazing at me from behind my favorite word stamps gives me comfort and feelings of familiarity. But when I seek comfort, I find it in my stash of vacation memories, photos of those I love the most, my books, music, my collection of autumn leaves, and bits and pieces of memorabilia. I wrap myself in thoughts and memories of the people, places, and things that touch my soul.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa, so much cool memorabilia. I agree that just being in one's studio is an immense comfort.

7:21 AM  
Blogger firstborn studio said...

so beautifully put,ellen...as always!
xoxo,
denise

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Ellen - returning your visit - thank you for your kind words.
And this collage of comfort - the large pic of it is one to swim in!
Lovely, warm and rich.
xxx

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful, and so very "comforting"

9:36 AM  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

All wonderful and comfortable... I feel warm too :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

That's an incredible collage. I can definitely understand it's comfort value!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a beautiful collage. Truly a comfort and full of memories.
a.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Webmaster said...

I bet it's as inviting as my couch. Nice pics!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Bonita Rose said...

love your collage!!!! such great photos!!!!

3:40 PM  
Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

Beautifully done and beautifully said. Very comforting.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web