from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Changes in Latitudes and Studio Friday: Play











































Time away from home and responsibilities, time away with no thoughts about time. Someone asks, "do you know what time it is?" I say, "I have absolutely no idea. " I do not add "and I don't really care," but that is what I am thinking.

Sunning, resting, relaxing, eating good food, finding the treasures deposited by the never-ending surf. Being in the water is one of my favorite things, allowing a force and power much greater than my own to hold, support and carry me.

The cruel and destructive "tourist," Wilma, wreaked her havoc on the island of Cozumel six months ago. One of my new acquaintances, a taxi driver named Victor, explained that the mayor has brought in trees and other plants from the mainland to replace many that were lost. Much of the vegetation was killed by the massive surges of saltwater and powerful winds. It's a strange landscape, to see "jungles" of trees stripped of their bark and bleached nearly white. Manuel, who greeted us at our resort, said, "for us this is the way of life. The rainy season is next month and new things will grow." Victor echoed that statement, and added that the growth is very rapid. The rebuilding is progressing rapidly. The damage is being repaired. Shops and homes have been repainted with the vibrant and intense colors that are celebrations of life.

As wonderful as it is to get away, to rest and relax, it is also wonderful to be home, my personal sanctuary. While I was away the trees outside my bedroom and livingroom windows came into full leaf. I am back in my treehouse!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Crafty-Girl™ said...

so good for the creative soul...good for you!

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Bountyland! Sky, sea, sand, palms... It´s wonderfull to go and have new inspiration - and then return home to digest and transform the impressions into.... well, who knows...

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I sure do like your way of Playing!!! Absolutely gorgeous and sounds SO restorative. Thanks for the share!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are back in your treehouse and back with us, YEAH! The pictures are so beautiful, what a dreamy place to vacation. I am so glad you were able to relax and "chill". You deserve it!
Hugs,
a.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseño Web