from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Studio Friday: Contrast

So this Friday it's all about CONTRAST. Thanks Laura for suggesting this great topic!

Well, I struggled a bit with this one! I have all manner of contrasting things in my studio but none of them really spoke to me. What did call out to me, however, was the photo documentation of a recent experience that left me feeling completely nuts.

I walked Bandit the Wonderdog around my neighborhood early Thursday morning, stopping to say hello to a neighbor or two. When it was time to change into my work clothes, I looked down as I went to slip off my shoes. Low and behold, this is what I had on my feet.

While I found it hysterically funny to think that I'd been out and about in two entirely different shoes, I was also rather disturbed. Am I so out of touch with my own body that I can no longer feel that my shoes are different? Have I gotten so distracted? Is this a "symptom" of a mindlessness that has taken over my life at times?

This is my offering for this week's Studio Friday.

9 Comments:

Blogger carrie s. said...

OH, that's funny! And certainly hits a little close to home as well!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you are so funny Ellen! We have all done something similar. It is life reminding us to sloooooow down, lol.
I once ended up in the grocery store with slippers on. I forgot I was wearing them.

Great job on this weeks hard theme. I couldn't think of anything!
a.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Ellen! It is samazing thoughj how they both match so perfectly in colour although they are completely opposite styles and brands!! Hahah, this is the exact birkenstocks my husband has, too ;-)
I can imagine how unsettling it must have been to you afterwards though, boy!
And hey, you might have started a new trend...?! Should that happen we'll all know how come ;-)

;-)

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen, this is too funny! I would have been sooo embarrassed, even as an afterthought! Great entry. :) I love it!

11:05 AM  
Blogger madretz said...

That's so funny and endearing at the same time!
I hear those crocs are super comfortable.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Artful Creations by Tracie said...

Hi Ellen!

Thanks for the compliments on my blog....yours is a hoot! I also can share a simliar experience! Back in April I was getting ready to go 4-wheelin' and was looking EVERYWHERE for my sunglasses...

I think you know where this is going (yes...they were ON MY FACE!)

I think Andrea is sooo right on!!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh Ellen, I have done the same! Hopped a plane for the weekend with a mismatched set of loafers and no other shoes! Atleast your colors were a match.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, so great story! I don't know about your body or life, but I shouldn't worry until it happens when you are going to a party and where one high heel and one clog! :-)

take care!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Sarah .B. Scott said...

This is hilarious! I think we have all done similar thing while preoccupied.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web