from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Open Studio
















Inspire Me Thursday

This week's topic at IMT is Open Studio:

"Create anything you would like and share it with us, along with pictures of where you created it. "

Having a day off work when the weather is beautiful means one thing: working outdoors. I am erecting additions to the "stick" fence I put at the edge of my driveway many years ago. Over time, it has been repaired, and entirely rebuilt four years ago. Originally about 15 feet in length, I am adding sections to increase it to about 30 feet. The two sections at the left are the ones I began today. They are far from finished.........My method is to use only a few branches in each section then go back with what I have left to fill them in.

This is my open studio today!

{IMT}

6 Comments:

Blogger PittrPattr said...

hey thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog and for the welcome to SF.
:) I really like the look of your stick fence and potted plants!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

What a great idea for a fence! All the potted plants and flowers look so nice against it.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is lovely.
a.

10:12 AM  
Blogger a l i c i a said...

I love the growing fence...there is something about allowing plants to define spaces (or create fences) that makes it seem less a barrier and, possibly, more of an invitation.
I had to chuckle at the similarity of our studio clocks...although I love the look of yours...as though it has had a life of it's own once (beyond the box and plastic of IKEA).
thanks for sharing.

11:48 AM  
Blogger lindaharre said...

Ellen.....I love this fence! Something about it is so European....simple, recycled and handmade! Perfect!

1:04 PM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

this si so cool; i like the contrast of the flowers with the rough brick in the background - reminding us that every place can be made beautiful retatively easily.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web