from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Studio Friday: Fave Art Supply/ies








































This week's topic for Friday June 9th suggested by mary ann: FAVE ART SUPPLY/-IES


This is a late entry for a couple of reasons: I was away from home quite a bit during the past week, and once I returned home I had a lot of trouble narrowing down my subject for this. Many people know that I have so many art supplies and tools that it's just plain ridiculous. So, in thinking about this topic, I considered what I have that would be extremely difficult to replace:

Three cigar boxes purchased at a tiny tobacco and wine shop on an out-of-the way street in downtown Columbia, MO. These boxes contain my collection of found papers, images, words, art from packaging, old postcards, stamps, wine bottle labels, pieces of maps, boarding pass stubs, tickets from various events and raffles.

I sift through these boxes to find images, words, and phrases to add to collages or to just get inspired.

{SF}

5 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Wow! All that in those three cigar boxes!! That is amazing.

I wouldn't know where to begin to decide any favs of mine....too much stuff and too little space.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Nice supplies and very nice "collage" of your collage materials!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cigar boxes are awesome! I just love getting glimpses into your studio. You have one of the nicest I've seen!
Beautiful supplies too, they look like so much fun.
a.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that, that you chose our boxes as containers of your collection. They sound like fun!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

double duty, art pieces and containers!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web