from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge: Introduce Yourself 3


I continue to think about who I am in response to this month's Self Portrait Challenge.

Although I am a 50 year old mother and grandmother, there is a child who lives within me. She is the free spirit discovering the beach for the first time. In spite of being frightened by the immensity and power of so much water, she splashed and played for as long as she was allowed to be there.

This child picks up rocks and sticks and feathers on walks around the block and hikes in the woods. These small items are filled with beauty and mystery; they are her treasures.

This child believes the wounded can be healed.

This child loves to laugh and play.

This child knows the pleasure of drumming and singing without regard to what others might think. This child has imagination. This child is my gift.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect Ellen. Perfect. I love your inner child!
a.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Wonderful collection and I like how you displayed them!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this picture of you. Having so much fun!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web