from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Studio Friday: Aged/Antique

This week's topic for Friday May 26th suggested by Jane Wynn: AGED/ANTIQUE.
" I love aged things- anything with Rust or Patina... is just too wonderful to me. I use metal paint on anything that is NOT metal (like Plastic, Glass, Wood or even Paper) to give it a faux metal surface and then I age it with liquid patina or sometimes just vinegar and ammonia... What I get in return is something that looks like it is over a hundred years old..."

I don't know that I've ever purposely aged things as Jane has; but I do love aged things. Old photos, antique furniture, bottles.........

What you see here is a portion of my collection of family photos, most of them mysterious strangers. I assume they are family because some of them bear my family name, but the exact connections remain a mystery to me. The clock I got at a local flea market, always giving the time as 6:23. AM or PM doesn't matter! And all of these placed in an antique suitcase found at another flea market, originally belonging to someone with the initials BAM.

I love these photos. They tell such interesting stories.

So here you have it, for Studio Friday: Aged/Antique!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you have some FANTASTIC old photos. I adore these. I have a few (like 7-8) that have been passed down to me. I love them.
Great job.
a.

9:27 AM  
Blogger carrie s. said...

Fabulous! I didn't even think about old photos! Perfect submission!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,great photoes you´ve got!

What about suggesting "family" or something like that for the next week?! Then I could have an even closer look. I´m awfully corious to see close-ups of all the photoes. I simply love the stories our ancestors always seem to tell...

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO cool! Even if they're mostly "strangers," if ever use these in your art (copies, of course!), you KNOW they'll be one of a kind and these pictures won't turn up anywhere else!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseño Web