from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

And this is.........

The scrap paper that protected my work surface when I painted my papers for my Inspire Me Thursday "Word Art" post. I liked my word art piece. I was quite pleased with the simple one-letter word. I loved what happened when I put paint to paper. I did not have any preconceived concept of what the paint would/should do, or what my piece would look like upon completion. Everything was about play and surprise. But the big surprise was in what I saw beneath my "real" work.

This is AWESOME! It looks spontaneous (it was), fresh, and serendipitous (it was!), and amazingly incredibly filled with life energy. This is what I want to see in intentional creations.

I can always see the difference in pieces that I worked too hard on, things I forced, and those that just kind of happen. Some things just flow through me, almost as if directed by some other force. Those are the ones that leave me feeling amazed and in awe. Most of what I do, though, leaves me feeling disappointed. Most of what results from my efforts looks lifeless, forced, stiff. Those are the things that do not appear on my blog, those are the things others never see.

This wonderful piece of paper is a treasure.........and pieces of it will find their way into other work, it will become part of another energy flow!
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOO!

I liked the O piece but this is terrific! Now, what IS the secret to
achieving such spontaneity with intention? And in my case, with fabric? I'm trying to develop some way for doing just that at the moment.
Thank you filling up my inspiration tank!

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I love it!
a.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web