from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Down this road.........























The old Girl Scout daycamp. Now owned by a private organization, available to churches and other groups for retreats. My women's group camped there Friday night. The lodge, a one-room building lacking most amenities and comforts, is surrounded by woods. We enjoyed a fire, cooking outdoors and sharing potluck, talking and talking and talking. Saturday morning another fire, although entirely unnecessary, more sitting and talking with steaming cups of coffee.

There is a sweet-spicy fragrance to those woods, and the sound of cicadas and crickets filled the air.

A sweet taste of heaven at the end of a hectic week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Val Webb said...

Thank you for your wonderfully evocative description of this peaceful place. I am a city girl now, but raised my children on an isolated farm. Your blog entry brought back good memories!

12:58 PM  
Blogger lindaharre said...

what a nice way to get away from it all......good for you!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place for you to replenish your mind and spirit. I'm so happy you had a wonderful time.
a.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this simple living style sounds wonderful - I would have loved to join you..

By the way Ellen, is it you who suggested the topic for Studio Friday this week??

4:14 PM  
Blogger Artful Creations by Tracie said...

Ooh Ellen I remember day camp way back when I was a Girl Scout! Oooh the fun it was as a child. Now I have boys and I believe next year my oldest will be able to start scouts (only I'm unfamilar with how they do things, is it Boy, Eagle, Bear???) The experience will be quite different (for me) to say the least.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web