from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Studio Friday: Time/Timing

This week's topic for Friday June 30th suggested by Jo: TIME/TIMING.

"When we are in our studios. I find that I can't be in there everyday. Particularly when I have just finished something I feel drained and need a good break. I also find that there are only certain times of the day where the juices get flowing. I'd be interested to read/see what others think."



Like Jo, I am not able to be in my studio every day, or as often as I would like. I have found that some of the best times for me are early in the morning. If I can get up two or three hours before I need to be at work, I find that time very productive and creative. Although it is by no means the crack of dawn, the neighborhood usually has not come to full life yet, and sounds are distant and muffled. When I enter my studio at those times, it is as if I have stepped into another world.....one that I have difficulty leaving when the world and other responsibilities call.

{SF}

Photo of flea market clock.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jill said...i am in my studio at some time every day. early a.m. is my fav time!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

That quiet time in the mornings is so nice and peaceful. Great time to get things moving.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning, huh? Hmmm...don't think I can swing that one. I LOVE mornings but haven't ever been visited by my muse at that hour. SHE is a night owl! And lovely photo too! Lovely arrangement.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Abbie said...

I love the clock photo! I wish I had the discipline to get up that early before everyone else in the house.. I do love that time of day.
Great entry!
:) Abbie

9:33 AM  
Blogger Kerri Jean said...

Hi Ellen,
I love that alarm clock, and even more, the jars of rocks behind it. This is my first visit to your blog, but I love the tutu you made recently as I searched around your blog space. I'm also a bluegrass fan.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I love the composition of your shelf with the clock and the bird. So lovely! It's always nice to have a time of day that is truly yours! Love your blog - you have a wonderful mixture of images and words!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web