from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Friday, July 14, 2006

Studio Friday: View From Above


This week's topic for Friday July 7th suggested by Michelle: VIEW FROM ABOVE!

"My husband and I went flying this past weekend and I had so much fun taking aerial pictures. Amazing what things you see everyday look like from above. It just got me thinking "what would my desk look like from above?" I have a feeling I would find some inspiration somewhere in there!"
-Michelle

My studio workspace. One of the best things about this topic is that it provided the motivation for me to move things away from the area so I could take the photos!

I've been in the midst of a major re-decorating project in another room; the rest of my home has become a "holding" area for all the stuff that has been temporarily removed.



The thing I noticed most, as I climbed up to the top of my stepladder, is that I found it necessary to show a "clean" workspace. Yes, I think it was important to remove the things that had collected there, but I created a bare workspace in the process. My stashes of supplies are contained in the surrounding area, but I have no work-in-progress there!

Thanks to Michelle and Tine for this challenge. The result is that I found some motivation, now that the work area is tidied up, to begin working on some of the projects that have been floating around in my head!

{SF}

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great creative space to be in.

9:33 AM  
Blogger carrie s. said...

I love this collage of your workspace! Perfect!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Great composite of photos! And you are way braver than I am - I was MUCH looooowwweeerrr to the ground :-). I know what you mean about the need of showing a "clean" workspace. I find that any clean area I have ends up getting immediately full! Sometimes I swear it does it over night, while I sleep... The universe IS expanding.... :-)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Anke Martin said...

Your organizing systems looks really arty! Kind of fun to watch at the fotos.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Wow! I love your studio workspace. And the view from above is great. The collage shows so much detail. Makes me want to clean and organize my space! Well, maybe not!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Artful Creations by Tracie said...

Thanks for the comment Ellen! I do like your way of thinking... I think since my office oved OUT of my workspace, and that's all that's now in there, I have truly neglected it. I have to seriously think on how to bring my life back into there to start creating again!!!

1:57 PM  
Blogger justjohanna said...

good for you having a cleaned up space so you can create! looks like you've made good use of every inch of space. love that!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Abbie said...

what a fantastic space!! I think great things could be thunk up there! :) Abbie

7:15 AM  
Blogger firstborn studio said...

e,
you never fail to put a smile on my face and an idea in my head!i love this post and your motivation!
see you soon,
xo-d

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redecorating must be in the air, because I'm doing the same thing! Your studio always takes my breath away. You have so many amazing, yummy things.
Glad you had fun flying with the hubs. It sounds so cool!
a.

9:11 AM  
Blogger ... said...

oh what great fun pictures!!! i love them!!! and so many fun things in there to play with!!! love it!

Dena :)

10:59 AM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

i would love to look through all those tiny little drawers. how do you ever keep it all straight?

12:05 AM  
Blogger mbc said...

Nice collage of your total space. Thanks for visiting my space as well.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web