from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Lazy Summer Days


Summer lethargy has over-taken me.

This is my season to hibernate. Summer is the time of year that sends me into hiding.

Days of heat and humidity steal my energy.

The more I try to resist by pushing myself.....to do.....to go.....to produce.......the less able I become to function "normally." So I rest. Have been resting. Looking forward to another time, another season.

3 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Oh, how I remember summers in IL. I was born there and spent the first 36 yrs of my life in central IL. Hot and humid. I guess the heat we had here in CA is now moving east...I hope it doesn't stay as long as it did here!

The photo is wonderful and brings back so many memories.

10:27 AM  
Blogger firstborn studio said...

rest my dear friend...the dog days will take their toll!
re-energize with a pile of art supplies...give yourself permission to create a wonderful mess,you can clean up in the fall!
i love you,e!
d

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful image - I would love to walk this way - in the shaddows from the trees - together with you and Bandit!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web