from my treehouse......to the house across the street

live, love, laugh, and remember to play everyday!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Studio Friday: Creativity Roots


This week's topic for Friday August 4th suggested by Anke: YOUR CREATIVITY ROOTS!

"I just thought about that the other day, that I have my creativity from both sides of my parents. Both my grandma's are/were inspired and creative. Does it run in your family too? And from who did you have it or better who else in your family was/is creative. Mom/dad/Grandma/grandpa/uncle/aunt/......-"
-anke


This Log Cabin quilt was made by my mother, Arlene, several years ago, and hangs in my hallway. My home and life are filled with my parents' creations.....quilts to look at and wrap up in, beautiful gifts from my mother's hands. And pieces of furniture made by my dad......a sewing table, bookcases, a doll's wardrobe and little girl's dish cabinet.

I am grateful that I inherited the desire and ability to create, and for seeing it in my daughters' lives as well. {SF}

6 Comments:

Blogger firstborn studio said...

beautiful quilt,ellen...even more beautiful are your words and memories!
xo,
d

8:35 AM  
Blogger AtPlayWithFiber said...

A wonderful reminder!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How special!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

It's wonderful to hear this. Thanks for sharing.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Anke Martin said...

What a stunning quilt! And a great creative family team! Thanks for sharing.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This beautiful...it must be lovely to be surrounded by such memories

Ouissi x

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog counter
blog counterDiseƱo Web